It's Friday so I thought I'd have a little fun. Most of the things on this list I've experienced personally, albeit a few items are
totally slightly exaggerated.
1. Your road has a number. And the road that connects to your road has another route number. And the road that connects....well, you get the point.
2. The color of your car is no longer cerulean blue - you've renamed it "Gravel Gray".
3. You've baled a black snake when getting up hay.
4. You spend half of your year mowing. The other half of the year you spend chopping wood.
5. You've lived without water during electricity outages and droughts.
6. You know 40 different detours to get home in case of flooding.
7. You are your neighbor's cows-donkeys-goats-horses home-away-from-home whenever their fence goes down.
8. You've foraged for food on your own land - berries, mushrooms, apples, walnuts, etc.
9. You own bib overalls. And you don't just wear them for Halloween.
10. You didn't leave your house for two months that winter the snow plows forgot about you.
11. You've bought organic blood before and you're not even a vampire.
12. You live so far out that you've never had a trick-or-treater.
13. If there are four clouds in the sky your cell phone goes on strike and won't work.
14. You've never had pizza delivered.
15. The frogs are so loud at night in the summer you need ear plugs to sleep.
16. You've never seen all the parts of your property. Who has the time?
17. Your mail carrier drives an old beat up brown car with a magnetic light strapped to the top by reaching over from the passenger seat.
18. When the speed limit is 45, people either interpret that as drive 15 mph or drive 80 mph, depending on how fast their truck will go.
19. Hunting season is a county-wide holiday that lasts 4 months. Real employment is discouraged during this time.
20. You have yet another mouse in your car (post coming soon!).
Okay, folks, what did I miss?