1. Another picture from the 40s. I'm not sure what kind of bird this is. In the original picture, you can see that the beak of this bird is long and hook-shaped.
2. A few weeks ago I took the boys for haircuts. Normally I do this myself, but I admittedly don't do the best job, and a local hair place was offering $5.99 cuts. While talking to the 3 different hairdressers as they were cutting the boys' hair, I suggested that Reid get his hair a little spikey on top, like his older brother. Reid immediately got all upset and said he didn't want spikes. I said okay, since he seemed to feel very strongly about it, and later I found out that he thought getting spikes would hurt. Well that makes sense!
3. We like to watch survival shows. I have a new favorite. Dual Survival
. We just watched the second season, and it was my favorite of any season of any survival show I've seen. They just give really unique and creative tips for all sorts of scenarios. Plus, they are amusing. In one of the final episodes, Cody and Dave are in Kentucky, and Dave (who refers to himself at times as a hillbilly) says that the P.C. term for hillbillies is Appalachian Americans. Love it.
4. The other day I picked out a Taste of Home recipe for dinner, and I didn't pay much attention to it other than that we had all the ingredients. When I finally went to cook the "nacho cheese bake" I realized as I put it together it was quite possibly one of the most unhealthy meals I had ever made. Ingredients included egg noodles, green olives, ground beef, nacho cheese soup, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, green chilis, tortilla chips, and ranch dressing. Wouldn't you know - the kids went crazy over it. They said it was weird, at first glance, but then they cleaned their plates. They especially liked the green olives in it. I have to admit - it was good. Maybe it could be a once a year sort of treat.
5. Now that it's spring, will it finally stop snowing?
Linked with Nancy's Random Friday