This picture was taken from our deck the eve of St. Patrick's Day. How appropriate is that?
Random Friday Facts:
1. Even though I was a child of the 80s, I never had a Rainbow Bright doll. Probably because I didn't really like dolls. I did, however, have a large assortment of plastic animals.
2. Today starts Spring Break for the boys. I hope we have some good weather for outside activities next week.
3. I'm excited to plant things like tomatoes in the garden in a couple of weeks. I've decided I'm going to try to outsmart those rotten little squash bugs this year by planting all of my squash plants later in the season. Maybe early June. I hope this works!
4. The best part of Spring is the smell of damp earth being warmed by the sun. I think if they could bottle that up people with SAD (seasonal affective disorder) wouldn't need those sun lamps - they could just take a whiff!
5. I am starting to have anxiety over Google Reader getting the axe. I do worry that Blogger will be next. I've been happy with the Blogger platform and even when they had that big 2 day outage a couple of years ago, I was never tempted to switch. Change can be good but sometimes it really just stinks.
Linked with Random Friday at A Rural Journal.