1. I don't often think of fungus as being pretty, but sometimes you can find some really neat specimens out in the woods. Like the fungus I found on one of our poplar trees when I was hiking around our land one day:
2. I was driving the boys home from chess club one day, and they told me some wild story from the bus. I said, "You're pulling my leg!" There was silence from the back seat. Just as I thought that maybe they didn't know what the saying meant, Reid piped up, "Mom, how can we pull your leg when we're in the backseat?"
3. We don't have an Xbox or a Wii, much to the boys great eternal disappointment. They do use one sometimes in gym. They do a game called Just Dance, and there is a leader that the players have to try to follow step by step. The boys like to play this at home. It cracks me up. They put on music and one will lead while the other two have to follow his dance steps. See, I stand by my point - we don't actually need an Xbox!
4. Pierce came home from school and said that a book they were using in reading had a bad word in it, and all the kids were talking about it. I asked which word it had. Pierce said the "J" word. I ran through all the bad words I knew and was stumped. The "J" word? Finally I gave in and asked Pierce to say it. He spelled it for me. Turns out the word is jackass. Readers, were you stumped like I was?
5. I can tell you one thing I won't be doing today! Black Friday shopping. Ick! Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving.
Linked today with Willy Nilly Friday.