This picture is of a Quadballer, which is a form of TriggerPoint therapy. It works much like the foam roller - to massage stressed muscles. I've been using it on my IT band this month and it is so much better than the foam roller. I've also continued with my ART (Active Release Therapy) sessions.
And the boys got me a new pair of running shoes for Mother's Day - I'm trying a new brand (Brooks) which I don't normally do. But they feel much like my beloved Asics and so far so good.
Bottom line? I've had a most excellent month!
Still trying to take things gradually, of course, but my IT band isn't hurting lately.
I was even able to get out to the track for some workouts this month!
Total running mileage: 90 (yay!!)
Yoga x 4
Abs/Core x 8
I had kind of hoped to get in a race this month, and had been thinking of a local 10K, but at the last minute I decided not to. I'm very slow right now, and knew I would've been disappointed with my time. Maybe in June I'll get a race in. In the meantime, for your convenience, I've compiled a list of convenient excuses in case you skip a race (and - like me - are such an early bird that you can't use the whole 'slept in' excuse).
1. My running clothes were dirty.
2. My chicken told me not to.
3. I prefer to race in poor conditions - the weather was just too nice.
4. I'd rather run 9 miles on my own.
5. I needed to blog that morning.
6. I didn't want to miss breakfast.
7. My legs were too sore from my track workout - 4 days earlier.
8. I forgot to download the registration form.
9. I heard they didn't have portajohns.
10. My twins ate my running socks.