1. Do you know TexWisGirl from Run A Round Ranch? She stands out through her animal photos, birds in particular. But last summer she went through a stretch of blogging about the wily squirrels in her yard. She caught some truly fantastic photos of squirrels hanging off her feeders. But above all, my favorite squirrel post is this. Take heed - if you don't want R rated squirrel pics, don't scroll past the point where she tells you to stop! I think the post really captures both TexWisGirl's skill behind the camera, her love of nature, and her sense of humor.
2. JDaniel4sMom has long been a blogging friend of mine, and she has a wonderful blog full of exciting activities for children. There is one post, though, that will forever stand out in my mind when I think of her. It's about a playdate that went wrong once. I think her response to what happened is so beautiful, and such a true display of her kind heart. You can read about it here.
3. Helene from I'm Living Proof that God Has a Sense of Humor won my heart when she emailed me with concern and sympathy back in the early days of my having twins. She's been through it, having two sets of twins herself. Through ups and downs, she blogs with her heart, and with her humor. Plus, she makes the coolest cakes on earth. Her guest blog post from her disgruntled cat was so funny that it will always be in my mind as one of my favorite humorous blog posts. Go check it out here!
4. Ordinary Life Magic is one of the first blogs I started following. I really loved reading of the daily activities of her extremely creative kids, and I also loved this sense of serenity (from her breezy yet poignant style of writing) I got whenever I visited her blog. Plus, as I've mentioned before, she creates such beautiful headers. Almost two years ago, she did a post where she allowed her children to paint their footprints all down the hallway....on her hardwood floors. Wow! Talk about cool mom of the year award! You can read about it and check out the awesomely fun pictures here.
5. Chillin' with Jill hasn't been blogging as long as the others, but she is a devoted commenter and has a sweetness to her that I love. She wrote a post last August about her two children, who she adopted, and who both have special needs. It's a simple, tender post that captures the unbiased love of a mother. Read about it here.
I hope you'll take the time to swing by a couple of these blogs and read their posts - posts that I loved so much that I still remember fondly years later! Tell them I sent you, and stick around some - no doubt if you explore these blogs you'll find that you enjoy them as much as I have. And I will try to do this again in the near future, so if you didn't get picked this time, you very well may be soon!
What's a blog post that you've read that really stood out in your mind? Do you have posts you've encountered that stay with you too?