As we do every year, we went to GoFest in mid October. Here are some highlights from this year.
1. This year, Pierce scampered straight to the top of the climbing wall, and rang the bell.
2. Cort and Reid weren't interested in the climbing wall this time. They did, however, do bike races and an alligator log rolling bouncy thing.
3. Food trucks are crazy expensive. You would assume food trucks would be kind of cheap, you know? Not the case. A grilled cheese cost me $8. With no drink, no side, no chips, no condiments, no lettuce, no tomato. Nothing extra. Next year we're definitely eating at home.
4. The guy at the Backpacker Magazine booth had 'practice mace'. Looks like mace but it sprays water, so you can practice. I laughed and declined taking one. But he insisted I should have one for practice. So I took one to be nice. Later that night? Yes, you can bet I practiced. On Paul. His face registered shock, then comprehension, as he realized it didn't hurt. Then he laughed and laughed. He said he knew I'd never really mace him. Lucky me that he has a sense of humor, right?!
5. Paul did a gear race that he does every year, and placed second. He won a kayak! Can't wait to try it out in the near future. I have never been kayaking - just canoeing.
Readers, have you ever won anything big?
Hope everyone has a fun, safe, and mace-free Halloween tomorrow!
Linked today with Willy Nilly Friday.