Little Wonders Days is hosting a 'summer bucket list' - fun things you want to accomplish this summer with the kid/kids. Sounds like fun to me - a great idea! Mine is going to be a hodgepodge of things we already have scheduled, plus some that will be more spontaneous:
1. Teach Pierce to swim.
2. Complete the summer reading program at the library.
3. Attend as many library story hours as possible this summer.
4. First birthday cake for the twins come August 8th!
5. Take another camping trip in late summer
6. Teach Pierce to ride a two wheeled bike (we have to get one first).
7. Start gathering our own eggs (yes, we'll have some very soon!)
8. Attend at least one All Comers Track Meet (Pierce will be old enough to 'race' this year).
9. Track Tuesdays! Okay, this is for me sort of, but we participate in a track workout as a family so I'm going to put it on here (Pierce adores it - it's so fun for him).
10. Natural Science museum in Raleigh - we've been wanting to do this road trip for a while to walk among the dinosaurs, so I hope we can find a time to make this happen this summer.
11. Go to the local creamery for ice cream.
12. Go to the zoo.
13. Transportation museum.
14. Return to Bur-well water park once Pierce learns to swim.
15. Go to the local fair when it comes to town (scope out Elvis's cousins while there).
16. Enjoy some locally grown peaches from the farmer's market.
17. Lunch with Daddy downtown one day.
18. Go hear some bluegrass or reggae music live (this one is for Daddy)
19. Make our own popsicles
20. Go to Amazement Square
Should be a fun summer!