Little Wonders Days is hosting a 'summer bucket list' - fun things you want to accomplish this summer with the kid/kids. Sounds like fun to me - a great idea! Mine is going to be a hodgepodge of things we already have scheduled, plus some that will be more spontaneous:
1. Teach Pierce to swim.
2. Complete the summer reading program at the library.
3. Attend as many library story hours as possible this summer.
4. First birthday cake for the twins come August 8th!
5. Take another camping trip in late summer
6. Teach Pierce to ride a two wheeled bike (we have to get one first).
7. Start gathering our own eggs (yes, we'll have some very soon!)
8. Attend at least one All Comers Track Meet (Pierce will be old enough to 'race' this year).
9. Track Tuesdays! Okay, this is for me sort of, but we participate in a track workout as a family so I'm going to put it on here (Pierce adores it - it's so fun for him).
10. Natural Science museum in Raleigh - we've been wanting to do this road trip for a while to walk among the dinosaurs, so I hope we can find a time to make this happen this summer.
11. Go to the local creamery for ice cream.
12. Go to the zoo.
13. Transportation museum.
14. Return to Bur-well water park once Pierce learns to swim.
15. Go to the local fair when it comes to town (scope out Elvis's cousins while there).
16. Enjoy some locally grown peaches from the farmer's market.
17. Lunch with Daddy downtown one day.
18. Go hear some bluegrass or reggae music live (this one is for Daddy)
19. Make our own popsicles
20. Go to Amazement Square
Should be a fun summer!
Just thought of something. I still have the Tupperware popsicle molds from when you were little. Do you want them?
I have the zoo right in my own house! Other than that...the list looks great!
Those sound great! I can't believe the twins will be 1 in august!
I think Kyle wants to go to the zoo more than Hailey or me :)
Sounds like you will be very busy and having lots of fun!!! Hope the kiddos enjoy it too!
Sounds like a busy summer. Hope it's a great one!
Great list! I'm envious of the fresh eggs. Thanks for posting.
Excellent! I want to do one, too! I kind of did, but nobody read that post... it was too cluttered. ;)
My bucket list... 1) Build pool (almost done) 2) tear down hay barn and build a new one 3) Clean up the basement by selling all the crap 4) Cut wood for the winter 5) Take Pierce camping up on the mountain at least two times 6) Take Pierce canoeing down Blackwater or New River 7) Build chicken tractor (done) 8) Build winter chicken coop 9) Make cherry, peach, mountain red rasberry and apple wine and a couple batches of beer 10) Take better care of the farm equipment and get things in working order. 11) Remove all the old barb wire from the property 12) pay off all debt except mortgage and future USDA crop storage loan 13) Get hooked back into the spring 14) Get my weight down to 170-175 and run a sub 20 min 5k 15) Build a Whizbang Chicken plucker 16) Build a drag for the arena that can be pulled with the lawnmower 17) Kill as much kudzu and paradise trees as possible 18) Fix the hull on Shirley 19) Put up more wood board fencing 20) Have an enjoyable and relaxing trip to NYC to watch the marathon.
That'll keep me busy I guess.
I'm going to add lunch with daddy to our list!
Post a Comment