That's right folks. We crossed the border again. We took the boys to visit their Great Grandparents.
We hadn't seen them since last summer, so it was overdue.
They were kind enough to get out this football full of toys like matchbox cars and such that used to belong to my cousin Kyle.
However, since Pierce monopolized the football, Cort and Reid were left to their own devices.
Puppetry of humongous stuffed dogs can only entertain for so long before little boys go looking for more action. Grandad did try his best though.
So the twins were off. Over the course of two hours they:
- Knocked down all the pictures that were so nicely posed along side tables throughout the house.
- Had a huge fight over the stereo buttons which resulted in much grand screaming and shoving.
- Crawled behind the couches and found mysterious items that hadn't seen daylight in over 40 years.
- Worked in tandem to attempt to break down the back screen door.
- Dumped an entire plate full of soup all over the floor.
- Every single time I turned my back, they headed into the dining room for the floor to (almost) ceiling china cabinets. Which are stock full of Cape Cod Imperial china. China that is looked at but not touched. A huge collection, which the twins thought was just designed for them. The doors on the cabinets open quite easily, and I was pulling out my hair trying to keep them out of it! Little cups and saucers and salt dishes were suddenly appearing in random places around the house as the twins snuck a piece and carried it around whenever they could. Fortunately, we left before they broke anything.
Somehow, everyone survived the visit, and I'm glad the boys got to spend some time snuggling with their fabulous Granny Anne and Grandad.
Family is so incredibly important to me.
Also, I'm pretty thankful for baby proofing devices.