1. My most beautiful moment (blogging): This is tough! I'm going to pick the post where I wrote about My Struggle to Breastfeed the Twins because it was the first time I opened up about a difficult time in my life on my blog in hopes that it might help others in some way. And also because it had a happy ending.
2. A post that didn't get the attention I thought it deserved: The Twins' Birth Story. I gave birth to them naturally and without drugs. I know when I was pregnant with the twins I surfed the web a lot looking for success stories of mothers who had been able to birth twins naturally, and I didn't find much out there. I blogged this post early on in my blog adventures, though, during a time my blog was still fairly new, so I think that's partly why it didn't get many hits.
3. My most popular post: That would have to be How the Stomach Looks after Twins. This post still gets a lot of hits. I
4. My most controversial blog: I don't think I've had one. I try to keep it pretty clean and simple, and not to offend people. I will say that every time I write a piece of fiction, I lose a follower (once I lost two). Sometimes the fiction I write borders on edgy, so I guess that's why. Either that, or my stories just REALLY STINK. Hmmmm.
5. My most helpful post: Judging from things people google that brings them to my blog, it would either have to be How to Make a Duck Tape Change Purse, Virtual Active DVD Runs for your Treadmill, or Nothing Rosie about Roseola (people come to see pictures of the rash).
6. A post whose success surprised me: Chicken Dust. I got some really nice comments on this post, but when I wrote it I was just writing out my thoughts, and didn't realize people would enjoy it so much.
7. The post I'm most proud of: Dinosaur Day. This was my very first blog post, so it started the whole thing. And I think it captures from the beginning the type of parent I try to be - I'm not always there every day, but I try.
Now I'm supposed to tag 5 blog friends to participate as well, if they so choose. I've deliberately chosen a few folks that I know have been very consistently blogging for a long time, so that they too can dredge up some old posts if they'd like. Sorry I couldn't choose everyone!
Nancy from A Rural Journal
Mary from The Englar Fam
Angela from WV Treasures
Jeremi at Ella and Zoe
Valerie at For the Love of Pete
I missed some of these. I will be back to read after I finish building a train track.
I went back and read the linked posts..annnnd now I kind of hate you for having that stomach after twins! ;)
It's funny what becomes popular and what doesn't. I have found that product and book reviews and giveaway announcements do the worst! And we probably spend the most time on these posts. Go figure.
very nice. i always love your fiction pieces (maybe because they sometimes are edgy and gritty and uncomfortable). :)
Interesting reading although, right now, I don't have the time to go back and ready every post...sure enjoyed reading about every post! -smile-
How come I feel guilty because I want to go look at your stomach post? You said it was popular, so it must be good!
I think these questions are so interesting. I have a hard time knowing which posts are going to get the most attention.
Your fiction is so fun to read! I've lost a few followers over a couple different posts. I don't mind (too much), but I'm always curious who it was.
Love this! Saw your post-twins belly shot.
Let's just say that I like you a little less now.
HOLY ABS! :)
Okay so as a fellow mother of twins can I just say I am totally jealous! I wish my delivery, breastfeeding, and post twin body turned out as good as yours did.
That is totally cool! I love the birth story especially!
I enjoyed reading about your blogging adventures. I did have a couple of controversial posts that surprised me. Here I think I'm so diplomatic. lol
I snuck over to check out your belly post and I am *impressed.*
This was interesting reading! Thanks for the tag, and I'll start working on my post!
I CANNOT believe your stomach right after the twins!!!!! You need to be on Oprah or Dr. Oz or something! The duct tape purse is really cute! And I love those mushroom muffin cups!
I love your twins birth story! And thank you for tagging me. I am excited to look back and find some blog posts that have been forgotten! :)
I love reading your blog Lisa. I'm glad our little blog friendship all started with a fun blog swap!
I also checked out some of your older posts... Your stomach looked great after twins. You did something right.
I went back & looked at the how your stomach looks after twins...Wow Lisa! You Rock! I am sure it is mostly due to your fitness obsession, but still...awesome!
I do remember some of them.
You have had some great posts.
And the fact you can remember them is amazing!
I think I've read some of the stories but I know I missed a few that I will have to go check out.
I hope I can answer the questions for this post! Those are some hard ones!
I have to go back and read the nursing story. I can't imagine how hard it would be to nurse two babies, especially in those first hard several months. I also can relate to the whole "I can't believe this post didn't get much of a response!". Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment