I brought it home and pulled out the instructions, plus what seemed like a billion plastic pieces. Each eggie has four different pieces. Each piece had to be washed. Then I had to grease them all. I used nonstick cooking spray, but you can't just spray it on for some reason. You have to spray it on a paper towel, and then wipe each piece down. Then you have to partially assemble the pieces, and crack each egg into a bowl, then pouring it into the eggie. Next you have to screw the eggie together. Oh yes, all this just to get started.
Eventually I got all this done and my eggies were boiling away, when I noticed the water getting rather foamy. Somehow, I didn't get one of the lids screwed on all the way, and foamy egg was spreading all over my pot. Big time mess going on. By the time they were done cooking, there was egg all over the place. I dumped water out of the offending eggie, and let them cool. I stared in dismay at all the messy, egg-covered pieces, which while dishwasher safe, were definitely going to need some scrubbing.
Despite it showing perfectly shaped eggs on the eggie box, you don't get perfectly shaped eggs. You get eggs without a top. They are kind of goofy looking - not the sort of thing you'd want to take to a potluck, as people would eye these alien-shaped eggs with disdain and be afraid to eat them.
Overall, I'd say the eggie experiment was a big fail. Except my boys did eat the eggs, and loved them. However, my box of eggies has gone on to Goodwill to hopefully find a more appreciative home. As for me, my future deviled eggs will be crafted the good old-fashioned way. Which....as it turns out...is truly much easier.