It's Random Friday so I'm linking up with Nancy at A Rural Journal today.
1. When we were at Booker T. Washington a couple of weeks ago, I took this picture of a cow in the pasture. When I saw all the wildflowers, I couldn't help think of Ferdinand the Bull. We love that sweet children's book that promotes peace instead of fighting.
2. Pierce asked me the other day, "Hey Mom, you know the nursery rhyme Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush?" As a matter of fact, I do. He said, "If it's a nursery rhyme, why doesn't it actually rhyme?" What a deep thinker that kid is sometimes!
3. Pierce came home from school the other day talking about a little girl that is frequently discussed between us, as she tends to get into a lot of trouble. I've always encouraged Pierce to try to be nice to her, even if she isn't very likeable (she does do some quite terrible things), because it sounds like she has no friends and is always struggling. Anyhow, he came home and said she is getting a new mom and dad. From the sound of it, I thought she might be in foster care. So we talked about that some, and after a lengthy discussion I wanted to reassure Pierce about our own family. I said, "Aren't you glad that you don't have to ever worry about getting a new Mom and Dad? You know you'll always have us." Pierce grinned really big and said, "Yeah. I think I'll keep you!". It was so cute and sweet that my heart grew 3 sizes, just like the Grinch.
4. Lots of people don't like sushi, but I love it. My favorite are the smoked salmon rolls, with cream cheese and avocado. I pretty much like all of it, although eel isn't my favorite.
5. Our ice maker has been broken for like 3 years. It doesn't bother me until the weather gets all steamy, and then it really stinks that we have no ice maker. I tried some ice cube trays last year, but they never really worked that well for some reason. This year I bought some of those fake ice cubes. Still, not quite the same as cubes you can chew on. And yes, I know it's bad for my teeth. Readers, do you like to chomp on some ice?